Working with wood and constructing items out of recycled items allows children self-expression and provides a medium to develop concepts and manipulative skills. Learning to handle control tools enhances children's self-concept and helps promote independence.
When I am doing wood working activities, I am:
Next: Dramatic Play
- Creating in my own way, two and three-dimensional objects with various materials
- Gaining skill in hammering, using screws, and other tools
- Developing my hand-eye co-ordination
- Feeling good about being capable of doing an "adult activity"
- Learning about safety for my friends and myself